After removing your perm rods or flexi-rods when achieving your natural hairstyle they tend to have product build-up left on them. These perm rods are covered with sticky gunk that might make them unusable for a second usage which makes them yucky and discolored. Don’t throw them out! They can be cleaned by using simple ingredients and following the easy steps below.[amazon_link asins=’B01CSX4N9K,B0036ZLEOW,B0182XCOGE,B00BM6QMOE’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’beauwithfasha-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’1f5e9ada-2149-44d5-889f-5dbc392b15c1′]
What you will need:
A container big enough to fit all perm/flexi-rods
Shampoo of your choice
Apple Cider Vinegar
Follow these steps to clean your perm rods or flexi-rods for later usage:
- Prepare perm rods by closing them and straighten the flexi-rods; before placing it into the container
- Add ¼ cup of the apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water over the flexi-rods (you will notice the hair tools floating)
- Add 1 tbsp. of shampoo to the container for a squeaky clean hair tool, removal of hair products and gunk.
- Allow the hair curlers to soak for 20 minutes; to loosen up the product and shed attached hair
- After 20 mins. pour off the ACV and shampoo mixture; then proceed to rinse the perm rods off with fresh and clean water.
- Lay the hair tools to air dry on a paper towel or simply leave them outside in the sun to dry.
Feel free to use any cleanser of your choice to clean your perm rods and flexi rods. Clarifying shampoo would get the job done just the same. Ensure to use lukewarm water as well; it helps to sanitize your hair tools. If you continue this process after using your hair curlers you will get multiple usages from them.
If you have any other ways of cleaning your hair tool leave them in the comment box below.
Don’t be a lazy natural and throw away your hair tools. These hair curlers can be cleaned for later usage.